www.wavebourn.com

We create creativity!
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:14 pm 
Offline
Шаман, типа...

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:30 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Pleasant Hill, California
Народ, кто подскажет - есть ли в природе софт под Дебиан, позволяющий передирать книжки на русском языке?

Система такая:

Debian SID (aptosid).
http://www.aptosid.com/
machine:~$ inxi
CPU[-Single core AMD Opteron 252 (-UP-) clocked at 2593.329 Mhz-] Kernel[-2.6.37-0.slh.2-aptosid-amd64 x86_64-] Up[-1 day-] Mem[-750.1/3969.3MB-] HDD[-1844.0GB(3.7% used)-] Procs[-156-] Client[-Shell-] inxi[-1.4.23-]

_________________
А женщина даже в мужской рубашке выглядит гораздо приличнее, чем мужчина в женских колготках! Be-be-be!


 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:11 pm 
Offline
Шаман, типа...

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:30 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Pleasant Hill, California
С другого форума:

aluma пишет:
Quote:
Не знаю про дебиан,вообще есть это:
http://symmetrica.net/cuneiform-linux/yagf-ru.html
для него это:
https://code.launchpad.net/cuneiform-linux
А это должно быть готовым:
http://www.sane-project.org/
Под мою сусю готовые есть только пакеты sane,хотя файл-спек (файл для сборки и установки в виде пакета RPM) для cuneiform есть:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view ... e%3AGrieff

ЗЫ.Можно http://www.linux.org.ru/ пошерстить.

_________________
А женщина даже в мужской рубашке выглядит гораздо приличнее, чем мужчина в женских колготках! Be-be-be!


 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 9
wavebourn wrote:
С другого форума:

aluma пишет:
Quote:
Не знаю про дебиан,вообще есть это:
http://symmetrica.net/cuneiform-linux/yagf-ru.html
для него это:
https://code.launchpad.net/cuneiform-linux
А это должно быть готовым:
http://www.sane-project.org/
Под мою сусю готовые есть только пакеты sane,хотя файл-спек (файл для сборки и установки в виде пакета RPM) для cuneiform есть:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view ... e%3AGrieff

ЗЫ.Можно http://www.linux.org.ru/ пошерстить.

Thank you!! I have had cuneiform and a collection of libaspell dictionaries installed but forgot what cuneiforn was!!! Just now got the latest YAGF src. complied & installed. Now I should better get the "tweaked" ver. 0.9 cuneiform tar.gz as my Debian Sid cuneiform is 0.7. I have used sane/Xsane for many years....
I can take package .rpm's and convert to .deb with alien (# alien --scripts /home/mydir/some.rpm). But I cannot find opensuse or rh cuneiform 1.0, only the package build script (control script) to generate an .rpm from source. Maybe people here know better ways?
Thank you.


 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:54 am 
Offline
Шаман, типа...

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:30 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Pleasant Hill, California
Tympani1D wrote:
wavebourn wrote:
С другого форума:

aluma пишет:
Quote:
Не знаю про дебиан,вообще есть это:
http://symmetrica.net/cuneiform-linux/yagf-ru.html
для него это:
https://code.launchpad.net/cuneiform-linux
А это должно быть готовым:
http://www.sane-project.org/
Под мою сусю готовые есть только пакеты sane,хотя файл-спек (файл для сборки и установки в виде пакета RPM) для cuneiform есть:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view ... e%3AGrieff

ЗЫ.Можно http://www.linux.org.ru/ пошерстить.

Thank you!! I have had cuneiform and a collection of libaspell dictionaries installed but forgot what cuneiforn was!!! Just now got the latest YAGF src. complied & installed. Now I should better get the "tweaked" ver. 0.9 cuneiform tar.gz as my Debian Sid cuneiform is 0.7. I have used sane/Xsane for many years....
I can take package .rpm's and convert to .deb with alien (# alien --scripts /home/mydir/some.rpm). But I cannot find opensuse or rh cuneiform 1.0, only the package build script (control script) to generate an .rpm from source. Maybe people here know better ways?
Thank you.


Let's wait for Doldonius; he is Debian expert like you, but most probably he is extremely busy now: it is cold in Siberia, so IP packets are getting frozen in wires...

_________________
А женщина даже в мужской рубашке выглядит гораздо приличнее, чем мужчина в женских колготках! Be-be-be!


 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:38 pm 
Offline
Бывший администратор

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:19 pm
Posts: 4366
Location: оттуда
http://www.opennet.ru/prog/info/2401.shtml
Может, я что - то недопонимаю?
Есть еще вот чего. (чисто просто навскидку, гуглем): http://ocr4linux.com/en:start

_________________
Как - то так...


 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:56 pm 
Offline
Бывший администратор

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:19 pm
Posts: 4366
Location: оттуда
Tympani1D wrote:
I can take package .rpm's and convert to .deb with alien (# alien --scripts /home/mydir/some.rpm). But I cannot find opensuse or rh cuneiform 1.0, only the package build script (control script) to generate an .rpm from source. Maybe people here know better ways?
Thank you.
M.b. you only need do "make install --debian" for example?
BTW, try this link: http://pkgs.org/ubuntu-10.04/getdeb-app ... 4.deb.html
Another way:
# echo "deb http://notesalexp.org/debian/`lsb_release -cs`/ `lsb_release -cs` main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
# wget -O - http://notesalexp.org/debian/alexp_key.asc | sudo apt-key add -
#sudo apt-get update
# sudo apt-get install cuneiform yagf
From http://adminway.ru/cuneiform-i-yagf-moz ... pozitoriya
Finally, try this. Google rules.

_________________
Как - то так...


 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 9
pomorin wrote:
Tympani1D wrote:
I can take package .rpm's and convert to .deb with alien (# alien --scripts /home/mydir/some.rpm). But I cannot find opensuse or rh cuneiform 1.0, only the package build script (control script) to generate an .rpm from source. Maybe people here know better ways?
Thank you.
M.b. you only need do "make install --debian" for example?
BTW, try this link: http://pkgs.org/ubuntu-10.04/getdeb-app ... 4.deb.html
Another way:
# echo "deb http://notesalexp.org/debian/`lsb_release -cs`/ `lsb_release -cs` main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
# wget -O - http://notesalexp.org/debian/alexp_key.asc | sudo apt-key add -
#sudo apt-get update
# sudo apt-get install cuneiform yagf
From http://adminway.ru/cuneiform-i-yagf-moz ... pozitoriya
Finally, try this. Google rules.

Thank you. I'd found opensuse cuneiform 1.0 .rpms and converted them via alien to .debs. They installed nicely updating the older debian sid cuneiform 0.7.0+dfsg.1-1.deb.
Yagf I installed from source.
Thank you for your help.
matthew


 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:41 pm 
Offline
Бывший администратор

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:19 pm
Posts: 4366
Location: оттуда
You welcome. Very Happy

_________________
Как - то так...


 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 9
pomorin wrote:
You welcome. Very Happy

By the way just for sanity sake, I did download the cuneiform-common_1.0.0-1~getdeb1_all.deb and cuneiform_1.0.0-1~getdeb1_amd64.deb just to have a fall back.
I had some scans of 1970s Ornithopter models from a Russian hobby magazine, yagf to "rubber-band" select text block, right click in selected area for context box, trackball onto recognize....etc.. save page. Iceweasel with google translate..Yea it looks good! Nice readable text, literal translation (sort of) but usable for further refinement in a word processor.
Do you know if there is a cuneiform Linux user group mailing list?
Now that I see everything works my next quest will be to find Russian & Ukrainian language scientific & technical dictionaries for Linux (beyond the standard dictionaries found the US distributions of Linux. I am certain that Russian and Ukrainian native repositories will have many dictionary packages we never see.
Thank you,
matthew

What I meant are Technical dictionaries and Thesauri even openoffice plugin that you native Russian and Ukrainian Linux users have available. I have all the usual aspell/dict openoffice.org language extensions and writer tools. Of course I have all the locales and HUGE collections of fonts, etc. Most of my work is Aerodynamics, aircraft structural, Aviation History writing....or beloved Free Flight model airplane related.
Again Thank you all, so much.
Doubt you're now thinking: "This guy is a pain in the ass, already!" Boo hoo!


Last edited by Tympani1D on Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total

 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 9
Wavebourn,
THANK YOU for posting my question to start this thread.
matthew


 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:15 pm 
Offline
Шаман, типа...

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:30 pm
Posts: 7317
Location: Pleasant Hill, California
Tympani1D wrote:
Wavebourn,
THANK YOU for posting my question to start this thread.
matthew


My pleasure Matthew!

But you are a member here, and can open your own threads.

Welcome aboard!

Anatoliy

_________________
А женщина даже в мужской рубашке выглядит гораздо приличнее, чем мужчина в женских колготках! Be-be-be!


 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 9
wavebourn wrote:
Tympani1D wrote:
Wavebourn,
THANK YOU for posting my question to start this thread.
matthew


My pleasure Matthew!

But you are a member here, and can open your own threads.

Welcome aboard!

Anatoliy

Thank you. Yes, I will.


 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:44 am 
Offline
Бывший администратор

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:19 pm
Posts: 4366
Location: оттуда
Tympani1D wrote:
Do you know if there is a cuneiform Linux user group mailing list?
It's not for me. Smile Try use Google about mailing list. Use "Fine reader" as a keyword for seeking the specific dictionaries. (It is commercial OCR system)
I found this: https://launchpad.net/cuneiform-linux by google using "cuneiform Linux user group mailing list".n Try it.

_________________
Как - то так...


 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 9
pomorin wrote:
Tympani1D wrote:
Do you know if there is a cuneiform Linux user group mailing list?
It's not for me. Smile Try use Google about mailing list. Use "Fine reader" as a keyword for seeking the specific dictionaries. (It is commercial OCR system)
I found this: https://launchpad.net/cuneiform-linux by google using "cuneiform Linux user group mailing list".n Try it.

Yes, I know about ABBY softwares, it was available on my company CAD network (winblowze), as our legal Beagles were constantly snooping into Russian contract law. Anyway, thank you. I'll buy the "Fine Reader" Linux cli as soon as funding allows, unless one stumbles onto a bootleg unlocked version some where.
Thank you again.


 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Russian OCR for Debian?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:21 pm 
Offline
Бывший администратор

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:19 pm
Posts: 4366
Location: оттуда
You can scan by one OCR and translate it by another program. Very Happy Yes. Without spending you money.

_________________
Как - то так...


 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2002, 2006 phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.040s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]