www.wavebourn.com

We create creativity!
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Gubernator-7: 4P1L Single Ended Amplifier Design
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:10 pm 

After you posted the design for 4P1L and also praising its sound, WORLDWIDE stocks of 4P1L are now depleted. I only have a couple of tubes to experiment with now. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:33 pm 
Шаман, типа...

quikie22 wrote:
After you posted the design for 4P1L and also praising its sound, WORLDWIDE stocks of 4P1L are now depleted. I only have a couple of tubes to experiment with now. Sad

I am so sorry... I expected some increase of interests to them, but I did not think that it may be so high: 4P1L tubes were well known last years, and there were plenty of them on ePay. It was strange to me why people prefer to pay huge money for 2A3 and even 45 tubes when 4P1L are so cheap and available.

I myself bought some new Chinese loctal sockets, but their contacts are kind of disposable...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:40 pm 

wavebourn wrote:
quikie22 wrote:

I am so sorry... I expected some increase of interests to them, but I did not think that it may be so high: 4P1L tubes were well known last years, and there were plenty of them on ePay. It was strange to me why people prefer to pay huge money for 2A3 and even 45 tubes when 4P1L are so cheap and available.

I myself bought some new Chinese loctal sockets, but their contacts are kind of disposable...

It's ok my friend. Nothing to be sorry about. I am sure there are a bunch of other "undiscovered" tubes out there that we can use. Smile

But you are right, the 4P1L is one great tube, just that it's not so available or cheap anymore Smile

Re Chinese loctal sockets... they are the only ones we can get easily, so unless we start manufacturing out own, we will have to make do with them Sad I know the Russian made ones are superb (all my 9 pin and some octal sockets are Russkie and they really hold up to the names).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:58 pm 
Шаман, типа...

I recently bought 8 more of 4P1L, price is still the same. Smile

Now I am going to design monoblocks with 4P1L output. Thanks to this projects I know now better how to improve it.

No more details, sorry. t will be commercial project that I hope will bring success to my business.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:59 am 

Ya prices stabilised again after we quieten down on promoting it on Diyaudio...... btw, so far, my 4P1L is my favourite amp. It produces the best sound among all my amps. The only drawback is the limited power but it really sounds sweet.

I also wish you luck in your business. I think you best understand this tube to make full use of it. Thanks for sharing and guiding all this while. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:48 am 
Шаман, типа...

Thank you Quickie22!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:35 pm 
Шаман, типа...

Ale Mogliaa took this graphs for me, to reflect results of my experiments:

Attachments:
4P1L-PSE-2K5-A2-5W-loadline-test.png
4P1L-PSE-2K5-A2-5W-loadline-test.png [ 59.78 KB | Viewed 6633 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:01 am 

any idea on the pentode curves?
I understand how to use the triode curves after your explanations previously, but how do i use the pentode curves to design a circuit?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:24 am 
Шаман, типа...

quikie22 wrote:
any idea on the pentode curves?
I understand how to use the triode curves after your explanations previously, but how do i use the pentode curves to design a circuit?

The same way. Draws load line for swing of current and voltage, and sees distortions by comparing differences of changes between points of crossing. However, if you use feedback it is convenient to re-calculate curves to get triode-like result.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:53 pm 
Шаман, типа...

One more interesting tube, redesign of Telefunken tube in loctal envelope...

Attachment:
2p29l.jpg
2p29l.jpg [ 559.64 KB | Viewed 3543 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10